This year’s recipient deserves the Florence Nightingale Award for the following reasons:
1. She provided humanitarian services to her friends, colleagues, and to the PNAGA by:
· Helping coordinate communication of health fairs and free clinics sponsored by the PNAGA
· Helping friends that need financial assistance by setting up donation systems and coordinating with other organizations to help them and their families.
· Always encouraging other members to be involved in PNAGA activities, especially those who are new to the organization.
· Assist older members of the PNAGA to be computer and web savvy in order to keep up with the trends in nursing and healthcare.
2. She brought the PNAGA to the next level by improving our organization’s system.
· She organized our membership system by setting it up through an online system.
· She maintained our website and makes sure that everybody is getting the latest updates about our PNAGA’s events, activities, and programs.
· She continued to bring new updates, new information, new things that makes PNAGA innovative, which inspires other Filipino nurses to be involved.
3. She led the PNAGA caroling program, leading a group of nurses to sing Christmas songs at a hospice, and in host homes to raise funds for the organization.
I do know her as a very strong woman who was able overcome adversities after battling Lupus. She has been a member of the PNAGA for 15 years and was the first recipient of our Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award. She received her BSN from St. Louis University in Baguio City, Philippines and her Master of Science in Nursing Informatics from Walden University.
I am proud to present to you our Florence Nightingale Award for 2018… Ms. Minette Reyes MSN RN-BC CNOR.
- Mary Dioise Tamayo, PhD RN, PNAGA President, 2018-2020